Cary Homes For Sale | Real Estate Guide
Cary, North Carolina
Nestled in the heart of North Carolina’s Research Triangle, Cary is a vibrant and thriving city with a rich history and an array of remarkable features. Whether you’re a current resident looking for comprehensive insights or a prospective homebuyer considering relocating to this charming community, our guide is designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of all that Cary has to offer.
With its origins dating back to the mid-18th century, Cary has grown from a small farming community into one of the most sought-after places to live in the region. This city’s remarkable journey is reflected in its well-preserved historic sites and diverse architectural styles, offering a glimpse into its past while embracing the modern conveniences of today.
Cary boasts a perfect blend of natural beauty, cultural attractions, and a strong sense of community. Here are some key features that make Cary an exceptional place to live:
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Known for its high standard of living, Cary consistently ranks among the top cities in the United States for safety, education, and overall well-being. Residents enjoy a strong sense of community, excellent schools, well-maintained parks, and an abundance of recreational opportunities.
- Thriving Economy: Cary is situated within the Research Triangle Park, a renowned hub for technology, research, and innovation. The city’s strategic location has attracted numerous multinational companies, creating a thriving job market and fostering economic growth.
- Cultural Richness: Cary embraces a diverse cultural heritage, showcased through its numerous festivals, art galleries, and performing arts venues. The community takes pride in its vibrant arts scene, offering residents a variety of entertainment options and fostering a deep appreciation for creativity.
- Green Spaces and Outdoor Recreation: Cary is adorned with beautiful parks, greenways, and scenic lakes, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, boating, and picnicking. The city’s commitment to preserving its natural surroundings ensures a healthy and sustainable environment for all to enjoy.
Quick Facts about Cary
- Cary’s history dates back to the 18th century when it started as a small farming community.
- The city has experienced rapid growth and is now home to a diverse population of over 170,000 residents.
- Cary consistently ranks among the top cities in the United States for safety, education, and overall well-being.
- The Research Triangle Park, located near Cary, is a renowned hub for technology, research, and innovation, attracting numerous multinational companies and fostering economic growth.
- Cary is known for its excellent public and private schools, providing residents with quality education options.
- The city embraces a rich cultural heritage, offering a variety of festivals, art galleries, and performing arts venues.
- Cary is adorned with over 30 public parks, greenways, and nature preserves, providing residents with abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- The city hosts an array of sports facilities, including golf courses, tennis courts, and soccer fields, catering to sports enthusiasts of all ages.
- Cary’s central location within the Triangle area allows for easy access to world-class universities, renowned medical facilities, and a wide range of entertainment options.
Why Locals Love Cary
- Exceptional Schools: Cary is renowned for its top-notch public and private schools, offering high-quality education and a strong emphasis on academic achievement.
- Safe Community: Cary consistently ranks among the safest cities in the United States, providing residents with a secure and peaceful environment.
- Abundant Job Opportunities: With its proximity to the Research Triangle Park, Cary offers a diverse range of employment opportunities in various industries, including technology, healthcare, and research.
- Well-Maintained Parks and Green Spaces: Cary takes pride in its beautifully maintained parks, greenways, and nature preserves, providing locals with ample opportunities for outdoor activities, relaxation, and family outings.
- Family-Friendly Environment: The city’s welcoming atmosphere and family-oriented amenities, such as playgrounds, community centers, and family events, make it an ideal place to raise children.
- Cultural Diversity: Cary celebrates its multicultural community, offering residents a wide range of cultural events, international cuisines, and opportunities to learn and engage with different traditions and customs.
- Active Lifestyle: Whether it’s biking on scenic trails, participating in organized sports leagues, or enjoying fitness classes, Cary promotes an active and healthy lifestyle for its residents.
- Community Engagement: Cary fosters a strong sense of community with its numerous civic organizations, volunteer opportunities, and community events, encouraging residents to get involved and make a difference.
- Vibrant Arts and Entertainment Scene: The city’s thriving arts scene, including art galleries, theaters, and music venues, provides locals with a rich cultural experience and a diverse range of entertainment options.
- Convenient Location: Situated near major highways and within close proximity to Raleigh and Durham, Cary offers easy access to regional attractions, airports, shopping centers, and dining destinations.
Top 5 Neighborhoods in Cary
- Preston: Known for its upscale homes, meticulously manicured landscapes, and proximity to the renowned Prestonwood Country Club, the Preston neighborhood offers a luxurious lifestyle with access to golf, tennis, and other amenities.
- Lochmere: Nestled around scenic lakes and green spaces, Lochmere is a picturesque neighborhood with a mix of spacious single-family homes and townhouses. It features an extensive trail system, community pools, and a friendly atmosphere perfect for families.
- Amberly: This master-planned community offers a wide range of housing options, from single-family homes to townhomes and apartments. With its modern amenities, including a clubhouse, fitness center, pools, and walking trails, Amberly provides a vibrant and active lifestyle.
- MacGregor Downs: Situated around the prestigious MacGregor Downs Country Club and its renowned golf course, this neighborhood exudes elegance and charm. It features beautiful estate homes, mature tree-lined streets, and a sense of exclusivity.
- Cary Park: Located near the shores of Cary’s largest lake, Lake Crabtree, Cary Park offers a blend of upscale homes, waterfront properties, and townhouses. Residents can enjoy scenic views, community parks, and easy access to recreational activities.
Commute Times from Cary
- Cary to Raleigh: On average, the commute time from Cary to Raleigh is around 20-30 minutes, depending on the specific locations within each city and traffic conditions. The proximity of Cary to Raleigh allows for convenient and relatively quick travel between the two cities.
- Cary to Durham: The commute time from Cary to Durham typically ranges from 20 to 35 minutes, depending on the specific starting and ending points and traffic patterns. The major highways connecting Cary and Durham, such as I-40 and NC-540, provide efficient transportation options.
- Cary to Chapel Hill: The commute time from Cary to Chapel Hill is generally around 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the specific locations within each city and traffic conditions. The proximity of Cary to Chapel Hill allows for relatively convenient travel between the two areas.
- Cary to Apex: Given their close proximity, the commute time from Cary to Apex is typically short, averaging around 10 to 15 minutes. Both cities are connected by major roads, such as US-64 and NC-55, making for a quick and convenient commute between the two neighboring communities.
View all Cary Homes for Sale
- Not In A Subdivision 2168
- Lake Royale 137
- Chapel Ridge 76
- Wendell Falls 64
- To Be Added 54
- Carolina Trace 54
- Anderson Creek Club 52
- Flowers Plantation 50
- Not In Subdivision 48
- Chatham Park 46
- Governors Club 45
- Fayetteville 44
- Lumberton 35
- Other 35
- The Grove At Matthews Landing 33
- Lake Shore 32
- Woodgrove 29
- Langdon Ridge 29
- Summer Wynds 29
- Galvins Ridge 27