Genius Investment Guide
“Buy a home in today’s Buyer’s Market and look like a genius 5 years from now!” – Dave Ramsey
It’s true—a home is a high-quality, safe investment with the benefit of immediate enjoyment and plenty of payoff down the road. But while is a great investment, it's also an expensive one, which makes it a very important purchase. So, just how do you make sure that you're getting the most payoff for all that money?
7 Ways to get the Most Value for Your Home Purchase
- Research and learn the "lay of the market".
- Hire the best agent and team to discuss growth patterns, school trends, and market perception. (Hint: that would be our team of professional buyer representatives! Click here to get started.)
- Learn the top appreciation neighborhoods in your price range. (Request them here!)
- Study the foreclosure and short sale market without prejudice against or for the allurement of a "deal of the century" attraction. (Ask for your foreclosure list.)
- Be realistic on location. Unless you can truly work from home, you won’t like the home if it’s a hour and half commute, no matter how much it "speaks" to you emotionally.
- Expand your horizons. You may know what you like, but we rarely get all we like in our first few homes. Better to seek the investment side of home buying first. The term “delayed gratification” is rarely used but often wise when buying a home.
- Remember to discuss the downside to each home you consider. It is easy to fall in love with a home. Did you fall in love with your mate before marriage and find out they snored afterwards? See my point? This is where the top agent can tell you what the next buyer will be complaining about.
Get Started Finding Your Raleigh Home Today!
Find the very best Buyer's Representative with the click of your mouse and join other smart Raleigh home buyers who are enjoying life in the Triangle and an outstanding investment!