Raleigh Home Buyers FAQ's
Answering Your Raleigh Home Buying Questions
Buying a Raleigh home is both thrilling and a bit unnerving, especially if you're a first-time home buyer. Both experienced home buyers and first-time buyers alike will benefit from the frequently asked questions below. Before you begin your Raleigh home search, it is recommended that you prepare yourself for the journey by educating yourself. This will ensure you are a knowledgeable home buyer prepared to make a confident home buying decision.
Q - I've never purchased a home before. Where should I begin?
A - Actually, you've already started the process. Fact-finding and reading articles is a great way to become a smart consumer. The highest priorities to focus on before you begin searching for specific areas, neighborhoods, or homes would be to:
- Familiarize yourself with your personal finances.
- Learn about the Raleigh real estate market.
- Carefully review your budget and begin to eliminate as much debt as possible.
- Have a down payment and earnest money ready when the time comes to act and make your offer.
Your next step is to contact us. As your home buying specialists, we'll protect your interest and manage the details of the real estate transaction on your behalf to your complete satisfaction. For more experienced buyers, a little brush up on the real estate process wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, you'll need a really sharp Raleigh real estate team to protect your interests too!
Q - With all the bad news about mortgage products and home foreclosures, how do I avoid making a big mistake when deciding which type of loan to select?
A - Once we meet and review your finances along with your home buying needs, you should select a lending consultant. We can recommend several trusted lending professionals or you can choose your own. Having upmost confidence in your lender is important. Be sure you feel completely at ease with them. They should speak to you in easy to understand terms. Ask lots of questions and never sign any document until you know what you are signing and feel completely at ease signing it. More and more lending professionals are recommending fixed interest rate loans and interest rates are still very attractive. Of course, the type of loan best for you depends on several factors. Here are just a few:
- How much money do you have for a down payment?
- How long do you plan to live in the home?
- Do you qualify for a FHA or VA loan?
Because more homes are on the market here in Raleigh, your choices are plentiful and the time is right for you to buy!
Why You Need A Good Agent
- Full attention is given to the buyer’s needs.
- The buyer can talk freely to his/ her buyer’s agent. Everything said is held in confidence.
- The first opportunity to view new a listing is always given to those clients with a signed Buyer Agency Agreement.
- A buyer’s specialist can give advice and facts to assist the buyer in making and objective evaluation of the property.
- The buyer will be educated about competing and closed properties.
- The buyer’s specialist will develop and execute negotiation strategies on behalf of the buyer.
- The buyer’s specialist will provide price counseling based on all recent sales data.
- The buyer’s specialist will ensure the contract includes buyer protective clauses.
- Financing alternatives will be suggested that have the buyer’s best interest in mind.
- Even during price negotiations, the buyer’s specialist will continue to search for other appropriate for other appropriate properties for the buyer in order to enhance the buyer’s negotiating position.
- The buyer’s specialist will strengthen the buyer’s negotiation position by revealing past offers on the property and any other information about the sellers that would aid the buyer.
- The buyer’s specialist will share all information about the seller with the buyer. Any information that would enhance the buyer’s position must be disclosed.
- The buyer’s specialist is available to assist the buyer after closing.
Let's Get Started!
Are you ready to schedule your home buying consultation? If so, contact us today and together we will review your needs and your budget to help you find the right Raleigh home for you!